Friday, May 13, 2011

Nibby nut and raisin cookies

Nibby nut and raisin cookies / Cookies de semente de cacau e passas

I’ll be really honest with you and tell you right up front that I only made these cookies because I needed to finish up a bag of cocoa nibs (there are still some nibs left; I guess they’re kind of Gremlins, too). But the comments about these at the office were so amazing I beg you to make them, too, even if you have go out and buy a bag of nibs; I know I might sound like a shopping maniac – my apologies for that – but it could be worse: it could be shoes (and then I’d be a complete cliché). :D

Nibby nut and raisin cookies
slightly adapted from the amazing chocolate bible Bittersweet: Recipes and Tales from a Life in Chocolate

2 ¼ cups (315g) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (226g/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and still warm
¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
¾ cup (132g) light brown sugar, packed
scant ½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup cocoa nibs
1 ½ cups (232g) golden raisins

Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl together. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture just until the dry ingredients are moistened, then stir in the nibs and raisins. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight).
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375CF; line two large baking sheets with baking paper. Remove the dough from the refrigerator to soften.
Scoop 1 leveled tablespoon of dough per cookie and place 5cm (2in) apart onto prepared sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown at the edges and no longer look wet on top.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.

Makes about 60 cookies – I halved the recipe above and got 38

5 comments:

KIMMY said...

Hi Patricia,

I've got to know your blog recently and I'm so glad that I came here. I admire the food you make, the photos you take and your sense of humour. I thought you were a professional cook, a professional food stylist and a professional photographer too. All-in-one.

Since I got to know your blog, I came here every day to read your past entries. I love them. There are many nice recipes I want to try out. Thank you for sharing your great works and for really detailing, which is very important for a bad cook in the kitchen like me.

Best regards,
Kimmy

KIMMY said...

Hi Patricia,
A little off topic here... Since I'm reading some of your friand recipes, I'd like to ask if a friand is dense like a poundcake or is it fluffy? I've never baked friands before and I'd like to try out.
Thank you.
Kimmy

Farida said...

Delicious Cookies and great article.

farida
http://kitchensuperfood.com/

Unknown said...

These look great Patricia....I've been lookign everywhere for cacao nibs but can't get them here in dubai :( wonder how they would taste without them?! im sure my daughter would love them anyhow with the raisins!

Rivki Locker said...

These look lovely. I have not been able to find cocoa nibs... sadly, because I keep seeing recipes that call for them. oh well, I'll keep looking! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails