Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Peaches and cream ice pops - updated

Peaches and cream ice pops / Picolés de pêssego com chantilly

My summer issue of the DH mag has finally arrived, but unfortunately summer is already gone. I could not resist the ice pops spread, though – each and every flavor looked so good I would have to make at least one. :)
My initial idea was making the raspberry yogurt popsicles, but I’d used my raspberries in other recipes. Luckily I still had a couple of peaches – the last ones of the season – and a bottle of heavy cream in the fridge.

The popsicles turned out so delicious that I don’t think they will last until next weekend – and yes, there were 12 of them. :)

UPDATE: Don't forget to nominate your favorite blogs on Saveur's 2011 Best Food Blog Awards!

Peaches and cream ice pops
from Donna Hay magazine

Sugar syrup:
½ cup + ½ tablespoon (106g) caster (superfine) sugar
¾ cup (180ml) water

Cream layer:
½ cup (120ml) heavy cream, lightly whipped
1 ½ tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
½ vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped with the back of the knife

Peach layer:
300g peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
sugar syrup, cool

Start by making the sugar syrup: place sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let come to a boil, boil for 1 minute then remove from heat and cool completely.
Place the cream, icing sugar and vanilla seeds in a bowl and fold gently to combine. Spoon the mixture into twelve ¼ cup (60ml) capacity popsicle molds and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or just until they start to firm. Insert a stick in each mold and freeze for 1 ½ hours.
Place the peach and sugar syrup in a blender and process until very smooth. Divide the peach mixture between the popsicle molds, topping the cream layer. Freeze for 4 hours or until completely frozen.
To unmold the pops, remove the molds from the freezer 5 minutes before serving and run the bottoms under some cold water. Remove carefully for the cream layer is very creamy and might break.

Makes 12

16 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

yummy combination for a cooling dessert

Sally - My Custard Pie said...

My daughters would love these - fruity and delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

Those pops looks damn pretty..

The Sweetylicious said...

so lovely and refreshing for this hot weather! (:

Aleida said...

Those look delicious! I can't wait for summer to be here so I can test these out.

kimberlycun said...

gawd these make me want to have popsicles for breakfast!

Anonymous said...

I was just dreaming about an orange and cream dessert (I baked up an orange cream cheese yogurt loaf) - this flavor combination looks even more divine! Can't wait to try. Thank you for sharing.

Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

This is just so delicious! Love the layers :) Looks like I know where to use my peaches this weekend!

tinytearoom said...

I love Donna Hay's magazine also. These ice pops look awesome.

Maria said...

They look lovely! I could eat these at any time of the year ;-)

JehanP said...

Oooh, these looks so refreshing and the combination of peaches and cream is a sure winner.

Anonymous said...

I'm saving this recipe to make it for Easter Day

ChichaJo said...

Loving this issue! It is summer here but I still need to get myself some ice pop molds!

Love the Hints and Tips by the way :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Torview..., the layers work really well together.

Sally, I hope they like it! Thank you!

Priya, thank you! Donna Hay has excellent recipes.

Sweetylicious, very refreshing! Thank you!

Aleida, thank you for stopping by!

Kimberly, thank you for visiting! :)

Rice Kernel, that loaf sounds amazing! I love yogurt in baked goods, they turn out so moist!
Thank YOU for stopping by!

Min, thank you, sweetie! I hope you give these a go.

Tiny Tea Room, isn't Donna amazing? :)
Thank you!

Maria, thank you! I agree with you - I can have ice cream in the winter, too! No problem! :D

Jejan, thank you!

Yadi, I hope you like it!

Joey, I'm glad you like it, darling! And I'm in love with this issue, too - I want to try all those popsicle recipes. :)
xx

Mary Bergfeld said...

I would love to have these regardless of the season. They sound delicious. I really love to visit here. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to enjoy. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Hena Tayeb said...

a gorgeously delicious blog. I just bought popsicle molds.. can't wait to try these out as soon as the warm weather kicks in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails