Friday, January 21, 2011

White chocolate mousse with passion fruit

White chocolate mousse with passion fruit / Mousse de chocolate branco com maracujá

When I was a teenager I had this big dream of going to Australia to learn English; unfortunately, $$ was an issue then and I had to study the language here.

My love for Australia hasn’t changed – Joao and I plan to go there for vacation someday; while that doesn’t happen, I go on listening to Aussie bands and cooking recipes from Aussie mags and fabulous foodies. :)

White chocolate mousse with passion fruit
from here

250g good quality white chocolate chopped
1/3 cup (80ml) whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, separated
1 ½ cups + 1 tablespoon (375ml) heavy cream
6 tablespoons passion fruit pulp

Place the white chocolate, milk and vanilla in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Heat until the chocolate is just melted, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form then fold through the chocolate mixture until just combined.
Whisk the egg whites in a large, dry, clean stainless steel bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, fold through the chocolate mixture in two batches.
Divide the mousse between six 1 cup (240ml) capacity serving dishes/bowls.
Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours, or until set.
Spoon passion fruit on top of the mousse just before serving.

Serves 6

18 comments:

alice said...

I do love a good mouss. I recently tried a lychee one that was a great hint! Thank you for sharing!

Sil BsAs said...

Sounds great and seems easy!
Lovely bowls, are they from Martha?

Priya Suresh said...

Irresistible mousse, sooo tempting!

Carly said...

You will love Australia when you go! I am from South Australia/Queensland and it's all beautiful! I now live in Canada which is also wonderful!

Passionfruit is a huge favourite for me, these mousse look scrumptious! =)

Lynn said...

I love the passion fruit on top! Sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

Your mousse looks wonderful! Passionfruit is a perfect addition.

Lisa said...

Yum, I love passionfruit mousse! This look delicious and so so pretty!

Lisa H. said...

Nice and lovely dessert
and Yes ... you will love Australia, keep your fingers X and one day you will be here :)

Paris Pâtisseries said...

You really can't go wrong with white chocolate or passion fruit anything. Looks tasty! I could eat a dozen, I'm sure.

Taz said...

I'm sure you'll be holidaying in Australia before you know it!

Also, these look delicious. White chocolate and passionfruit is such a delicious combination.

Xiaolu said...

Patricia I am positively turning green with envy because I can't get any (reasonably priced) fresh passionfruit anywhere around where I live (right by the capital of the US!). Gorgeous little pots, my dear.

Brilynn said...

Passion fruit always makes me think of Australia because it was the first place I tried it! These look great!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Alice, that lychee mousse sounds delish! :)

Sil, thank you! These are from an Australian shop called Mozi.

Priya, thank you!

Carly, how wonderful! I can't wait to go. ;)
Thank you for stopping by!

Lynne, thank you!

Nina, thank you! I love passion fruit in just about anything. ;)

Lisa, thank you! Me too!

Lisa H., thank you for stopping by! I am sure I'm gonna love it there!
xx

Taranii, I would love to go! :)
Thank you, sweetie!
xoxo

Xiaolu, that's so bad. :(
It must be like finding fresh raspberries and blueberries here in Brazil - they cost an arm and a leg! :S
Thank you, gorgeous!
xx

Bri, passion fruit is huge here in Brazil too - I am sure you would love it here. ;)

Veronica said...

This looks totally gorgeous! I love white chocolate with lime, and with passion fruit it must be out of this world.

While I'm here, may I have a little whine? Your RSS feed now includes nothing but the title of the post ... and an ad for a dating service. I totally get why you want people to click through, but couldn't you include at least a paragraph of the post? As it is, I very rarely click through to your blog now -- or even look at the feed, because I know it'll have no useful information in it. I like to catch up with feeds when I'm offline, and now it's impossible.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hi, Veronica!
Thank you for your comment - I have tried including a bit of the text but without any success. As I don't want the feed to have the complete post, I had to keep it the way it is, now. If you have any tips, I would gladly use them.

Veronica said...

Hi Patricia

I found this:
http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42662

It seems to suggest you can have a partial feed, either a short excerpt or controlled by where you put the jump break. I don't use Blogger any more, so I'm not sure if these options still apply.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Veronica, thank you for taking the time. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for my blog. :(

Swapna said...

Hi Patricia,
Made these and we all loved it.. Thank you for such a lovely recipe... posted it on my blog.. please do check if time permits :)
http://swapnascuisine.blogspot.com/2011/04/white-chocolate-mousse-with-passion.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails