Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pineapple mint sorbet and Saveur’s Best Food Blog Awards

Pineapple mint sorbet / Sorbet de abacaxi com hortelã

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday: Technicolor Kitchen has been nominated for best baking and dessert blog on Saveur’s Best Food Blog Awards!! How amazing is that? I can hardly believe it. Please, vote for me! :)

Can you imagine how much I talked about last night? My poor husband. :)
I had to have a scoop of this sorbet to chill out – I adapted the amount of ingredients from a DH pineapple sorbet recipe, but the idea of adding mint was Joao’s.

Pineapple mint sorbet / Sorbet de abacaxi com hortelã

Pineapple mint sorbet
adapted from Donna Hay magazine

1/3 cup + 2 ½ tablespoons (84g) caster sugar
½ cup (120ml) water
400g peeled pineapple
handful of mint leaves
3 tablespoons lime juice

Prepare the basic sorbet syrup: place sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool completely, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
Process the pineapple until you get a thick juice. Add the mint and process until finely chopped. Combine the pineapple juice, lime juice and syrup in a bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions until the sorbet is just firm. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 3-4 hours.

Serves 8

26 comments:

Rose said...

Congratulations! How EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I just voted! Good luck! You should totally win!

Jane said...

That's fabulous, Patricia!! And so well deserved. I am definitely going to vote for you. I have been to all the other baking and dessert blogs, and I enjoy yours the most, hands down!

Snooky doodle said...

wow delicious :) interesting recipe

vanille said...

I'm for you and wish you good luck !!

Pity said...

what a lovely sorbet, it resally looks so refreshing and delicious! congratulations on your nomination, you deserve it! Cheers from london

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

This sorbet sounds so refreshing, but more importantly CONGRATS!! I will try to remember to go vote soon. You really deserve it!

ChichaJo said...

Congratulations!!! Just saw that you were nomindated...how exciting! Bravo, bravo!

Pineapple and mint get along so well!

Anna said...

Congratulation, you deserve it, I already voted for you.
The sorbet looks so refreshing.

Valerie Gamine said...

Congratulations! Your blog has always been one of my favourites and this sorbet is just one of many examples of why. :)

mari said...

Patricia, that is great news! I'll go and register now and vote for you now. Oh, this is wonderful.

Dimah said...

Congratulations!
The sorbet looks so refreshing and tasty!

pam said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!

Unknown said...

Congrats, congrats congrats. I voted for you

Abby said...

Congratulations! You deserve it. Your recipes and photography are phenomenal! Consider yourselved voted for.

And I love the colors in this sorbet. It's like green poking through the snow! Can you tell I'm tired of winter?

Jessica said...

Congrats! Very much deserved!

Your sorbet looks fantastic as well. The mint and pineapple combo sounds delicious!

Peter G | Souvlaki For The Soul said...

Congratulations Patricia! Very well deserved...good luck!

Manggy said...

Congratulations Patricia!

Patricia Scarpin said...

R., thank you!

Heather, you are just too sweet, thank you!

Jane, thank you for your support, darling!
xx

Natalie, thank you!

Vanilla, thank you very much!

Pity, thank you for stopping by!

Xiaoly, thank you very much!

Joey, thank you, sweetie!

Anna, thank you, darling, for your support, it means a lot!
xx

Valerina, thank you for being there for me!
xx

Mari, thank you very much for supporting me, sweetie!
xx

Dimah, thank you!

Pam, thank you, darling!

Wizzy, thank you very much!
xoxo

Abby, thank you, darling! You have always been so supportive.
Winter will come my way now - and I'm sure you'll have a beautiful summer!

Jessica, thank you for stopping by and for your support!

Peter, thank you for your support, my friend!

Mark, thank you!

Dadivosa said...

Just voted for you, darling. And tweeted too ;)
As people say over here... enhorabuena!
;***

Aimee said...

How very exciting!

Well-desserved, I must add. You are a 'veteran' blogger and such an inspiration.
Congratulations!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Dadi, my dear, thank you!
xoxo

Aimee, thank you very much!

Andrea said...

Congratulations dear, you deserved it. I love your blog and now I'm going to vote for you :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Dear Andrea, you are too sweet - thank you for your kinds words and for your support!

Dani said...

Uhuuu!! Parabens!! Vc merece, seu blog 'e sensacional!!!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Dani, obrigada!

Related Posts with Thumbnails