Monday, March 29, 2010

Passion fruit cream pots

Passion fruit posset / Potinhos de maracujá

My sister and I are completely different when it comes to our look: I’m short and my skin is very, very pale, covered with freckles, while she’s tall and her skin has a beautiful bronze tone, similar to my dad’s. But at the essence we’re very much alike: we both love baking, are huge fans of citrus flavors and I’ve recently discovered that she’s into the same kinds of movies I like. :)

At their essence these passion fruit pots are similar to their little lemony brothers – cream, fruit juice, sugar – but at the same time are very different in terms of flavor and texture: a bit creamier and sourer.

Passion fruit posset / Potinhos de maracujá

Passion fruit cream pots
from Australian Gourmet Traveller

200ml heavy (whipping) cream
½ cup (100g) caster sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) passion fruit juice*
3 tablespoons passion fruit pulp, with seeds, to serve

Combine cream and sugar in a saucepan, bring to the boil over medium heat and simmer, stirring continuously, until sugar dissolves (4 minutes). Add passion fruit juice, simmer to infuse (4 minutes), remove from heat, cool slightly, divide among four 100ml-capacity glasses and refrigerate until set (1½-2 hours).
Top with the passion fruit pulp and serve.

Serves 4

* For passion fruit juice, process pulp in a food processor, then strain through a fine sieve (discard solids)

15 comments:

Paula said...

oh my, it looks so creamy and these pictures are awesome!

WendyinKK said...

It looked creamy and when I looked at the ingredients, indeed very creamy.
I'm gaining weight just by licking off the screen.... and that's yummy.

Lizzie said...

mmm those look so delicious and adorable! i also especially love that baby spoon you have--so cute!

Stella said...

Wow, I love that you used the seeds-never seen that but always seems such a waste to throw them out...Nice!

Sreelu said...

Looks delicious, I would love to try this. Thanks for the recipe

tigerfish said...

I have missed your blog for the longest time! And now I am back, you give me those sweet cups. So lovely.

tasteofbeirut said...

Love love love passion fruit and recently made some passion fruit curd! Thanks for giving me another idea to use the leftover jar of passion fruit puree ! Yours looks so delicious and dainty!

Unknown said...

Passion fruit is my all time favourite flavour - these like everything coming out of your kitchen look fabulous

Dinners and Dreams said...

mmm, amazing cream pots. I love that they're made of passion fruit which I happen to adore.

Toni said...

Patricia, those look absolutely scrumptious! My dad used to call me a "two fisted fruit eater" (I got that gene from him), so anything with fruit in it is my kind of food!

Andrea said...

Unfortunately it's very hard to find passion fruit here in Croatia. It's such a wonderful fruit and i'm sure this dessert is just as wonderful.
Your photos are so mouthwatering, as always. :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Paula, thank you!

Wendy, very creamy and easy to put together! :)
I had a laugh with you now. :)
Tks!

Lizzie, thank you, sweetie! I'm a prop addict. :)

Stella, the seeds add a nice crunchy texture to the topping. I'm glad you like them, too! Thank you!

Sreelu, thank you for stopping by!

Hui Leng, I'm glad to see you around here again - thank you for visiting, sweetie!

Taste of Beirut, I still haven't tried passion fruit curd and now you've got me craving it! Yum!
Thank you for stopping by!

Wizzy, you are far too sweet - thank you!

Dinners and Dreams, thank you for stopping by! I love passion fruit too - very common here in Brazil.

Toni, thank you! I think my dad could call me that too - I've loved fruit for as long as I can remember. :)
I'll choose fruit desserts over chocolate ones anytime. :)

Andrea, dear, you are always so sweet and kind, thank you for visiting - it is always a joy to see you around here!
xx

Unknown said...

Ooh, so beautiful and simple! I'll have to try this sometime.

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Aw so cute how you tied these to your sister and you. Love passion fruit and always enjoy seeing new ways to use it!

Julia @Mélanger said...

These look so wonderful. My sister are I are very similar in looks, but very different personalities! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails