Friday, March 12, 2010

Honey drop cookies

Honey drop cookies / Biscoitinhos recheados com mel

I’ve received a gift from one of my readers: a new banner for my blog! Isn’t it gorgeous?

I was so thrilled when she offered to make a new banner for me – and she was really patient with all my emails and questions and doubts about choosing the photos... :)

Samanta, my dear, thank you for the banner, I absolutely loved it. You are so sweet! Sweeter than these cookies. :)

Honey drop cookies / Biscoitinhos recheados com mel

Honey drop cookies
slightly adapted from Donna Hay magazine

180g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup + 1 ½ tablespoons (218g) caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 ½ cups + 2 ½ tablespoons (375g) all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup honey

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F; line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Sift over the flour and baking powder and mix to form a smooth dough.
Roll 1 leveled tablespoon of the mixture into a ball and place 2.5cm (1in) apart onto prepared sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and then using the end of a wooden spoon make an indent in the center of each cookie. Fill each indent with ¼ teaspoon of honey, return to oven, and bake until light brown on the edges, 7 to 9 minutes more. Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Makes 60 - I halved the recipe above and got 23

17 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...

These cookies are precious! And I love the new banner. It's sharp and beautifully simple. :)

Fran said...

the new banner is lovely!
and the cookies look yummy :)

kirbie said...

These cookies are so pretty. I never thought to add honey to drop cookies before.

Unknown said...

I have the most fabulous honey that will be perfect for these cookies! The monk that makes this honey died and I got one of the last bottles in the batch. It is soooooooo delicious I kept saving it for a special occaission. Now I've found it:-)

Katie said...

Love the new banner. The cookies look delicious. I love thumbprint cookies but never thought of using honey.

ChichaJo said...

The new banner is so pretty! Love it! And those cookies too :)

Karen Baking Soda said...

I love it!! So crisp and simply beautiful!

Cookies look elegant and deli

sucre en poudre said...

it looks delicious!
iza

Sunday said...

I love the look of those, I don't think I've ever made drop cookies like these before! Lovely :)

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

I guess I'm going to have to make these, too, aren't I? ;-)

They look lovely, Patricia. Sweet and simple - just how I like them!

Manggy said...

Great new banner, Patricia - it looks lovely. Good work, Samanta.
I love these - it's like thumbprint cookies with extra sweetness.

anna said...

Mmmm, honey cookies! These sound so good.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Valerina, thank you!

Fran, thank you!

Kirbie, I have tried thumbprint cookies with chocolate and lemon curd, and was very intrigued by this honey version.
Thank you!

Wizzy, I hope you like the recipe!
That honey sounds so precious!

Katie, thank you! I have got to try them with jam, now.

Joey, thank you, sweetie!

Mary, thank you!

Iza, thank you!

Sunday, tks for stopping by!

A Forkful..., I hope you like them, too, sweetie!

Mark, thank you! I was very curious when I saw the recipe, I had to try them. :)

Anna, thank you!

Sam said...

Pat! Estou aqui tambem, e não é que gostaram mesmo? :D que bom!!!!!!

It really looks pretty :D

xoxo

eatme_delicious said...

Your new banner looks great! I'm so interested in these cookies - I just love how they're like a thumbprint cookie but instead of jam you put a bit of honey. They look amazing!

buncia said...

One question - you have to fill the cookies after baking them? Will they be soft enough to make an indent in them? Isn't it safer to make a whole in them before baking?

Patricia Scarpin said...

Ashley, thank you, sweetie!

Buncia, tks for stopping by! If you make the whole prior to baking them the first time the dough will rise and the whole will disappear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails