Thursday, March 15, 2007

Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Joao’s nieces are the cutest things ever: they’re 3 and 2 and they call me “aunt Patricia” – I love it! :)

I wanted to bake them some cookies and used a recipe from this blog.
The cookies turned out delicious but they were so huge the girls could barely hold them with their tiny little hands…

I used a 1 ½ tablespoon to drop the dough on the baking sheets and got 8cm cookies – you can bake them smaller if you want.

Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

280g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
170g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
220g (1 cup) packed brown sugar - mine was dark, the original cookies look a lot better
100g (½ cup) white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
340g (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

Preheat the oven to 165ºC/325ºF. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 7cm apart.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges are lightly toasted.
Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes 38-40 cookies

Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like my kind of choc chop cookies :D I want to make that with dark chocs !

Toni said...

I prefer the darker sugar - and darker cookies....and darker chocolate! These look so good, I'd like to take a few to work tomorrow - OK?

Anonymous said...

I usually cannot resist chocolate chip cookies :P

Susan from Food Blogga said...

That is the ultimate name for the ultimate cookie! I wish I had one or two or four right now. :)

Anonymous said...

I love cookies, it's so beautiful

Anonymous said...

Can there ever be enough recipes for chocolate cookies :D They look great!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Chocolate chip cookies cannot be toooooo big -- they are my absolute favorites!

Melting Wok said...

send me a batch plzz, noww !! hehe :)

Freya said...

I'll send over some cornbread if you send some of those cookies!

Stella said...

These look good.. very good... so good I'm sorry I can't grab one from here!

Brilynn said...

Chewy chocolate chip cookies are the best kind! Perfect with a glass of milk for dunking.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Tigerfish, I'm glad you liked them!

Toni, take as many as you want, querida.

Pablopabla, grab some!

Susan, me too - posting about them made me feel like baking them again! :)

Candy, thank you, sweetie! Your cookies look great, too!

Ellie, the more, the merrier! ;)

Lydia, you'd like these!

Melting Wok, I wish I could, dear!

Freya, deal!! xoxo

Valentina, I'm sorry for that too, sweetie!

Brilynn, I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Those look tasty... I could go for one about now! I bet the kids were thrilled to pieces with "Aunt Patricia" :)

Kajal@aapplemint said...

these really look delicious.Specially the size....i ate just one u know :-)).Thanks for dropping by my blog.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

The cookies look so very good. But after reading about how big the cookies were in the little girls hands, they all seem to have little fingers on them - in my minds eye. Beautiful photo but your words also painted a lovely picture too.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Kristen, I love them. Since I don't have kids, they kind of fulfill my love for children - we have so much fun together!!
I've been thinking about something special to make for them for Easter. I'll let you know!

Kate, I'm so glad you stopped by! Your blog is beautiful, it's a pleasure for me to visit you!

Tanna, your comment moved me. It's really wonderful to know that you saw it this way. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

thecoffeesnob said...

What i would give for a couple of these right now.

Thanks for dropping by my blog Patricia and for your very kind words.

Your blog's fantastic! Mind if i link you?

Hilary said...

Yay! Glad you liked them!

Kristine said...

You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

tried the recipe and the cookies came out so perfect!!!! i added in walnuts and my kids just loved them!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hi, Anonymous,
I'm so glad to hear that - thank you for letting me know how they turn out!

Anonymous said...

I make this cookie for my classes all the time, and they absolutely love them! (Or, they're sucking up for a better grade) I swap some of the chocolate chips for frozen blueberries. :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hey, anonymous! What a wonderful idea to use blueberries - yum! Tks for letting me know how the recipe turned out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails